Posted by: CPM | 2009-01-28

Hi Dear CS, thanx for yesterday!

Yes, you are right i am the one making something out of something that is to that person probably just a game or something innocent.

You made me think of what people always say about a kid that swears...or wets his bed...if you make an issue out of it, it becomes one - silently ignore it and it will go away.

Thanks again you helped me alot yesterday.

Love Mom

Its an unavoidable part of the interesting difficulty of being a person among peiople, that its hard to recognize that what any event means to them may be very different to what it means to us. The more difference there is between us, culturally perhaps, or in age and generation, or in broad intellectual abilities, the greater the potential for misunderstanding.
One other point --- silently ignoring everything unpleasant ( like, say, a typical politician ) doesn't always work --- one still eneds to focus, and try to understand, and choose a useful response, while avoiding making a fuss that will add to the damage