Question
Posted by: Snoekels | 2008/10/02

thank you!

Thanks for the good advice r.e. exercise bike! I tried the cycling/rest intervals this morning and it worked a treat. I was soaked with sweat after the 30 minutes but it was a " good tired"  instead of gasping for air and feeling dizzy. It also gave me a wonderful sense of accomplishment to be able to " ride"  10.5 km, which banished the boredom. I felt so useless before about not being able to do more than 10 minutes.

I' ll keep it up and reduce the rest intervals as I get fitter and add the strength exercises.

HI there

Thank you for the feedback, it's always lovely to hear from people after their first visit. What you need now is to build on that feeling and set yourself small goals that you can attain. So build up to 11km, then 12 and then 15 and so on. Just be careful about being too optimistic and getting carried away - small steps, one after the other, gets you there much sooner than attempted big steps which fail!

Good luck, and keep enjoying it!

Ross