Question
Posted by: Emma | 2008/07/01

THANK YOU!!!!

Dear CS,

Thank you for your reply to my posting of yesterday. Your words and understanding has made me feel so much better! You are so right about disability and vulnerability. I realize now that I have felt vulnerable and misunderstood all of my life, I just never knew how to put those feelings into words. But now it is so clear to me.

My soreness after the fall is not so bad today and I am no feeling as glum as I was yesterday. I guess life will go on as all ways CP and all!

Thank you again.

SO pleased to have been of help, Emma. I resisted getting a cell-phone for as long as I could, but was convinced by a friend who insisted on giving me her old one when she got a new one. And then MNet, at a press conference, had given us a truly hideous Big Brother carry bag that slings around the neck. But now I wear it as I potter round the house and garden, carrying keys and cellphone in it, so if I did fall over, I would be able to call someone. Hope I never need to use it, but I feel a bit safer for this adaptation. <br>And yes, we get misunderstood --- people take their own disabilities, aches and pains terribly seriously, but aren't they marvellously brave about ours ?