Question
Posted by: Lin | 2010-04-06

tetanus injection

yesterday my child''''''''''''''''s pet gerbil bit me. he has never done it before. I have called so many different hospitals and doctos and they all give me a different answer. the one said it wasn''''''''''''''''t neccessary for the shot(but what if I get the virus) the others said it is safe. some said it is not safe. on google i see that in america you should have it at least twice in pregnancy. i am confused and running out of time as the vaccine needs to be adminestered within 48 hours. i am now 11 weeks, 2 days pregnant

Lin

I suggest that you consult your gynaecologist as soon as possible, as there are risk to the tetanus injection during pregnancy.