Question
Posted by: Lin | 2010/04/06

tetanus injection

yesterday my child''''''''s pet gerbil bit me. he has never done it before. I have called so many different hospitals and doctos and they all give me a different answer. the one said it wasn''''''''t neccessary for the shot(but what if I get the virus) the others said it is safe. some said it is not safe. on google i see that in america you should have it at least twice in pregnancy. i am confused and running out of time as the vaccine needs to be adminestered within 48 hours. i am now 11 weeks, 2 days pregnant

Dear Lin

I can only advise you on the animal side.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/09

Dear Lin

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/04/06

I''m not sure you''ve posted to the right forum... but since it appears there is consensus that the tetanus vaccine is safe in pregnancy, why not simply go and have one? Surely better safe than sorry....

Reply to Chill