Posted by: brent | 2009-08-26

testtosterone injections

Hi, thanks for the opportunity of being able to ask you some questions. I am a 43 tr old man with low free testosterone due to high SHBG. I am currently on HRT recieving sustenon injctions every 3 to 4 weeks. I have read that testosterone undeconoate injections last 8 to 10 weeks. This would be much more convenient for me &  save me on my doctor visits, which are quite expensive. My question is where can I get this in Durban. My Doctor only has sustenon, &  he also says that creams, gels &  patches are not available in south africa. Is this true, &  were can I get it if it is available. Also, were can I go in Durban if I decide to have pellet implants. I do not know if you are the right expert to ask, so have posted these same questions to some of the other doctors on this panel. thank you for your great work &  kindness with your time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Brent, thank you for the question and the compliments.
The longest lasting injectable testosterone is Nebido (Test. Undecanoate) and they should be injected every 10 to 14 weeks (the initial injection is advised to be given after 6 weeks). Your doctor should be able to order these ampoules directly from his/her medical supplier; another option is to phone a urologist and book a consultation to get further advice regarding the injectable and the implant.
As far as I am aware the only company the compounds hormones in topical form is Solal and it may be worth it to phone them to find out further information.