Question
Posted by: Thabs | 2008-12-19

Tests to perform

Dear Gynae,

I had a miscarriage in October, had my 1st period 28/11-02/12. Now on my 2nd period that started on the 16/12, is the cycle normal?

I also want try and have another baby,am 41yrs, what tests can be performed to see if I' m in a position to have a baby? If one had the cornization, can a cervix be measured before one gets pregnant jst to see if a stitch is necessary if I become pregnant?

No, your cycle is not normal yet. This can occur after a miscarriage.
You have recently conceived, so no tests are necessary to determine whether you are fertile. At your age, there is an increased risk of miscarriage and of Down syndrome and these cannot be prevented.
The cervix is measured when you are pregnant to see if a stitch is necessary.