Question
Posted by: anxious | 2010-03-04

TESTS

I went to my gp on 11 February for my normal tests. I was not aware at the time that he was about to go away for 1 week. I phoned him the following afternoon for results he had and he said he had looked at my urine sample and it seemed fine. I phoned him when he got back the following Mon (22/2) and he said the urine results showed inconclusive results (contamination!). I haven''t had this result for a while and I get so annoyed when I get them because I hate not knowing " do I have an infection that needs treating or not?!"  So I asked him if I needed to go to my urologist for a catheter test and he said no not yet. Hand in another sample and we will see what that shows. I did that Tues last week (23/2) and Friday''s (26/2) final results showed identical results. So off I went to my urologist on Tuesday this week and had the catheter test. He spun the sample (or whatever he does with it!) and said it did seem to show signs of minor infection but he wanted to wait for Lancet''s results ( I am guessing for sensitivity results?) He was quite happy that there was now no concern of it not being a sterile sample! His nurse said if they got anything before I phoned them she would contact me. No call so far and his rooms close at 13:00. He operates Fridays but his nurse says he does sometimes go into his rooms or speaks to her regularly. My question is I just seem to keep going to the loo all the time at the moment. Is this to do with the possible infection? The reason I am thinking he is thinking a positive result is because when I was there in December for the scan I had, he checked my urine sample then and said it was absolutely clear, i.e. which is not what he said this time! I hate waiting! If I need antibiotic treatment, I would rather start it and get it over with!

Sorry for long story.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Anxious
If you don't have fever, or burning urine, or dark and cloudy urine, I think you can wait a bit with the antibiotics. The results should be available tomorrow morning!

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-04

Hi Anxious

Reply to cyberdoc