Question
Posted by: anxious | 2009/11/17

TESTS

I did finally get my urine catheter results on 09/11 and my urologist said they were exactly the same as my 1st results i.e. low cells (for infection) but the same high (what I found out to be) e.coli count (100 000). He said given my kidney history, he needs to know the cause of this high count. I took Forcid Solutab for 5 days last week and am now taking Macrodantin 50mg for 2wks and then have to go and have a micturating ultrasound scan on 1 Dec. Is he just confirming what he (I think!) knows, i.e. that i have an incomplete emptying of the bladder problem, or is he just ruling this possibility out?

Hallo Anxious
Yes I agree with you, I think he wants to exclude possible incomplete emptying. If this is not the problem, he needs to look further for other causes like stones in the urinary tract system or physical abnormalities like reflux.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/17

Hallo Anxious

Reply to cyberdoc