Question
Posted by: anxious | 2008/10/12

TESTS

CD

Yesterday I had the first liver function tests since being on 60mg Aspavor. My earlier liver tests I had in May this year showed slightly elevated levels (my gp didnt seem too worried) but then I was only on 40mg Lipitor. Am I at any increased risk of the levels nowbeing higher, now that I am taking 60mg Aspavor?

I switched to 60mg Aspavor earlier this year because I was originally on 40mg Aspavor and Ezetrol together, which worked wonders (my levels on these 2 were 4.34). Howerver Discovery refused to approve my Ezetrol as chronic so I dropped it. On Lipitor 40mg only my levels went up to 5.95 - so I had it changed to 60mg and the levels are better.

S-BILIRUBIN (Total) 10
S-BILIRUBIN conjugated 2
S-ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 70
S-g-GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE 21
S-ALT (GPT) 36
S-ALT (GOT) 41
S-Lactate Dehydrogenase 210
S-Total Protein 75
S-Albumin 43

Thanks for help.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you continue using Aspavor 60mg and have your liver function re-done in three months time. At the moment your results are relatively normal and you do not have anything to be anxious about.

Kind regards