Question
Posted by: Jacques | 2010/05/10

Testosterone Supplements

Hi.

I''m a 25 year old male, weighing 65kg. I have started excercising a few weeks ago. I want to build to look better. I am drinking protein shakes, but a buddy of mine told me to use testostrone supplements to build faster and better. I''m a bit sceptic and not sure what the concequences are?? Please advise. Thank you

Hi Jacques

I think you should avoid it at all costs. It's illegal for one thing, which should end the discussion right there. I know you may say you're not competing in any sports, so it doesn't matter if you get banned, but it's illegal for a reason, that's because it's dangerous. So I really would suggest you ignore this friend's advice.

In terms of health, many problems. Kidney, liver and heart are the main ones described for testosterone use. It also affects your body's own production of testosterone, so there may be consequences later in life.

It also causes aggression and acne, and hair loss.

Stick with protein and training. Youve only just started out, there's so much to do still by training, you don't need these illegal chemicals.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/05/15

Hi Jacques

Reply to fitnessdoc