Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011/09/16

testosterone levels but no PCOS

Hi GD I posted a question recently about my being on Androcur, Diane 35 and Bactrim. I mentioned I do not have PCOS, was checked for this and it was conclusively ruled out. You said there may be another cause for the excess androgens. I am not sure what to do now to examine the case further, do I go to another gynae, an endocrinologist, the pathology experts,, the ''seven point five'' experts, who? As I mentioned I have had severe Roaccutane-resistant acne for 27 yrs. Sadly, almost everyone I see automatically recommends Roaccutane, not believing I have been on it 7 times to no avail, which is the absolute truth. They also don''t believe PCOS has been ruled out but I have the test results. I am not sure what sort of specilist to see now, can u advise? What angle can I take to examine why I exhibit all the signs of a woman with PCOS? In fact I exhibit them to greater levels than women with PCOS. Am very hairy in a male pattern (nipples, down front of body, extended groin etc), have a deep voice, high libido, easily build muscle and ofcourse the endless horrendous cystic acne. What tests shd be done? All I want to do is be feminine, to feel like a woman :(

I would suggest an endocrinologist. Testosterone is produced by the adrenal gland and this way need to be investigated.

1