Posted by: brent | 2009-08-26

testosterone injections

Hi, thanks for the opportunity of being able to ask you some questions. I am a 43 tr old man with low free testosterone due to high SHBG. I am currently on HRT recieving sustenon injctions every 3 to 4 weeks. I have read that testosterone undeconoate injections last 8 to 10 weeks. This would be much more convenient for me &  save me on my doctor visits, which are quite expensive. My question is where can I get this in Durban. My Doctor only has sustenon, &  he also says that creams, gels &  patches are not available in south africa. Is this true, &  were can I get it if it is available. Also, were can I go in Durban if I decide to have pellet implants. I do not know if you are the right expert to ask, so have posted these same questions to some of the other doctors on this panel. thank you for your great work &  kindness with your time.

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Hi Brent I hope my previous reply has been useful. Just to continue our conversation Nebido is most definitely available in Durban. I hope you are consulting a urologist or an endocrinologist with this hormonal problem- I have much respect for GP's but they are not qualified in the special area of hormones and unless it is a special interest of theirs, their knowledge will be limited. Thus the need for you to consult a specialist. Also get yuor doctor to motivate medical aid to pay towards this drug as it is a chronic condition you have and thus have the right for reimbursement.

Posted by: Doug | 2009-11-14

Discovery Medical Aid Scheme refuses to pay for Androxon or Nebido under Cronic! Not even with test, and results of these test performed by a Urologist working at the Urology Hospital of Pretoria.

Reply to Doug