Question
Posted by: Ursie | 2011/02/04

Testorone Injections

Does testostorone injections work for low sperm count. My husband have a count of 3.

Dear Ursie

In the short term i.e. less than 1 month, the use of testosterone in some patients may promote/enhance the sperm count but prolong use may have the opposite effect and may cause suppression of sperm production. It is therefore best to avoid testosterone injections entirely and I would consider alternate forms of injections such as Gonadotropins which may have a more sustain effect. However this should be done under the supervision of an urologist or fertility specialist.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/02/14

Dear Ursie

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert