Question
Posted by: anna | 2010/08/26

testing

Hi.sorry if my question is not for this forum.i am just worried.i would like to know if they inject for any kind of testing.my friend went to phyical exam for job and then injected him some medicine ( i dont know the name) then told him to come back within 48 hours otherwise the medicine will expire.he falt bad after then medicine,like sore legs,very tired etc.i dont know wat test if was but i want to know if in general they inject in arm for any test.please answer.
Thank you!

Did he go for a physical interview to obtain a job? Or does he have a job and had to go for a physical as he must travel outside the country for his job? The medicine that expires however does not make any sense!

Usually there is no injections and no health care professional are allowed to inject a patient with anything without explaining what it is and to obtain consent. If however it was for travelling purposes, it may be that he was immunized for example yellow fever.

It is his right to ask what 'medicine' it was and the reason it was given to him. If he is not satisfied with the explanation, he can approach the Health Professionals Council or even the police.

3
Posted by: anna | 2010/08/26

no they didnt take blood.just injected some medicine and told him to come back within 48 hours to take some test.but i dont know what test.and it seems quite strange.plz help.

Reply to anna
Posted by: XXX | 2010/08/26

Maybe check with Cyberdoc but I have never heard of being injected with " something"  for a job ! Is it not possible that they took blood for various tests ? As far as I know they are not allowed to check for Hiv Aids without one''s approval.

Reply to XXX
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/08/26

Reply to sexologist