Posted by: Karabo | 2011-09-02

Testicular pain due to exercising / testicular examination

Hi doc

I’  m a coach and I give one-on-one lessons to rugby players, soccer players, tennis players and wrestlers to improve their explosive power. I monitor my players’  progress by keeping track of their muscle growth, weight, blood pressure, their ability to do certain exercises, jumps and stretches. I have noticed that a large percentage of my players complain of testicular pain related to certain jumps and bounding. I would like to know whether it would be legal for me to give my players testicular/genital examinations when we do our weekly/monthly progress checks and how do I do it? What advice can I give to my players about genital health? And how could my players avoid these pains?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Unless you are a qualified medical practitioner - I would advise that you not perform such examinations. Steroids etc can often influence such pain. A normal non steroidal diet is preferable.