Posted by: Jimmy | 2012-02-27

Testicular pain

Hi Doc,

I have a very embarrassing problem. My left testicle hurts. The other one is fine.

It does not hurt much and is mostly uncomfortable but its still worrying. Looking at diagrams on wikipedia and feeling the testicle I believe that the “ Epididymis”  is swollen.

I have already been to the doctor who gave me anti-biotics for 10 days and some anti-inflamitory medicine but it did not fix the problem even though it has improved. I would prefer to not go back.

More info:
- I am 30 years old.
- I do not have fever or any other symptoms and I have never had unprotected sex so I''m not sure if it could be an STI.
- I have had this problem for about 3 months now.

Is there perhaps any over-the-counter medicine that I could try or anything else that I can do?

It doesnt seem too serious at the moment I''m just worried that it might affect something else if I leave it.

Appreciate the assistance.

You will have to consult an urologist for an ultrasound of the scrotal content. It is possible that you have a collection of veins around the epididymis that is causing pressure and pain. The urologist will definately be able to assist you and there is no over the counter medication that will make a difference. You can however, try Coxflam to alleviate the inflammation and discomfort.

Posted by: xyz | 2012-02-28

I think you must go and see a urologist, that will put your mind at ease

Reply to xyz