Posted by: Angie | 2009-05-12

testicular cancer

A dear friend has testicular cancer and has undergone 2 sessions of 4 cycles of chemotherapy. The doctors say he will require a procedure where they remove bone marrow before the next chemo session, but that this procedure is not performed is SA.(he is not on medical aid).Who can I contact to get more info and help?

Dear Angie
We do bone marrow transplants in SA - if you let me know in which area you are, I can refer you to an oncologist for a second opinion or just maybe for some info?

Posted by: Angie | 2009-05-13

He is in Cape Town, and is currently being treated at Groote Schuur Hospital. He would like a second opinion, so if you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. What does the autologous stem cell procedure involve?

Reply to Angie