Question
Posted by: Piet | 2010-02-01

Testicle Tubes

Good morning Doc,

For the past week I have been having some discomfort in my left testicle. I' ve been to the doctor and he said that the tubes that run from the testicle has an infection and gave me some antibiotics and some pain killers. It' s been 5 days and it' s still swollen and a bit sore. He said there is nothing wrong with the testicle itself, it' s just those tubes.

After a good nights sleep, I can feel that the swelling is almost completely gone, but after going to the toilet, it' s there again.

any help?

Hallo Piet
If the testis is not acutely painful, bluish, pulled up, but tender to the touch, slightly swollen and red it is still probably due to infection or inflammation. It may help to use an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen ( if the painkiller he gave you does not contain it already), icepacks and it usually helps to wear a slightly tighter underpants to support the testis. If it feels like the antibiotic is not helping, you may need to go for a sonar of the testis to exclude other problems.

2
Posted by: Piet | 2010-02-02

Thanks for the reply Doc.

My testis is not acutely painful, nor bluish and not tender to the touch or swollen. They are however pulled up sometimes, but I guess that is to keep them at the right temperature, because at night they sag when it' s warm in the room.

I only got 5 pills of antibiotic and some " pain killers"  women use for their period pains. ???

I' ve only been on the course for 4 days now, but I' m worried that it might be something worse. The doctor ruled out cancer as there is nothing wrong with the testicles themselves (as they are not swollen at all or painful) , but there is a gland like thing that is swollen. Not heavily swollen though.

Reply to Piet
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-01

Hallo Piet

Reply to cyberdoc