Question
Posted by: Peter | 2011/03/01

Testicle problem

Doctoer my left testicle is broken since i was at school. Although i am now already 38, i do have pain sometimes from the lleft testicle. What could be the course and who do i consult?? If they want to remove it, how big is the operation and is it a dangerous operation?? Loosing my testicle, will it have any influence on my hormonlevels, sexuality, etc .

Hallo Peter
If the testis was injured and is painful, you may have to let an urologist evaluate whether it maybe needs treatment or if too damaged, removal. As long as you have a healthy second testis, it won't cause any side effects on sexuality or hormone levels, and if your hormone levels drop you can use hormone supplement. If they need to remove the testis they can put in a prostesis so that it still looks and feels normal.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/01

Hallo Peter