Question
Posted by: Dan | 2010/08/16

Testicle pain

Hi Doc,

I had an uncomfortable pain in my left testicle and went to the GP. He said is was epididymis and gave me some pills. After taking the pills, it got better and basically came and went. I also had blood in my semen for a day or two and that also went away. Recently I had blood in my seme again (pretty bad sometimes) and that weird feeling is back. I saw a urologist to confirm that is was not cancer in the testes and he said it was not after doing a scan.

I also did not have any trauma to the testicles. So this just appeared out of the blue.

What could this cause?

Hallo Dan
Hematospermia or blood in the sperm can be caused by infection, post-exercise, cancers, but often it won't have any cause and most of the time it is not harmful. The fact that you have an uncomfortable feeling in the testes could be an indication that it is still due to an infection. You may need to use a second course of antibiotics. Please ask your GP or Urologist to have a another look.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/16

Hallo Dan