Question
Posted by: Stormer | 2008/10/28

Testicle pain

Hi doc, I get a sharp pain in my one testicle as well as back pain. Could it be an infection or something more serious? Thanks

Dear Stormer
Pain in the back and in the testis can be caused by various things, one could be a small kidney stone. If the testis is not red, swollen or sore when you touch it, it is probably not an infection. A rare cause of testis pain is when it twists on itself - this is usually very painful, you can also be nauseous and this needs urgent treatment to untwist the testis as it can cut off the blood supply.