Question
Posted by: Student | 2011/06/13

Testicle Operation

Can someone who had an operation to have one testicle remove manage to have children? I''m really worried please let me know if I will be able to have children.

Thank you.

Dear Student

This entirely depends on whether the reason for removing the one testicle was something that began at birth or whether it was due to some form of injury or trauma. In the case of trauma or injury this should not seriously affect the remaining testical and in all probability there should be a very good sperm analysis. However in the case of a pathology arising at birth or in puberty then this may be more serious with respect to fertility. It is my advise that a routine sperm analysis be done as soon as possible and that the matter should be dealt with depending on the result of such a sperm analysis.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/24

Dear Student

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert