Posted by: Pieter | 2011-03-07

Testical pain after road running

Im a roadrunner for approximately 20 years on and off. I recently developed this pressurized pain in my testicles the night after a long race 32km or 42km''s. This normally go away after a day. I''ve tried wearing underpants underneath my running shorts for support, but it didn''t help.

Posted by: Laxtutrigquag | 2011-04-13

Reply to Laxtutrigquag
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-08

Posted by: Dr Bets | 2011-03-07

Dear Pieter
Pain in the testis is not normal, even with/after exercise. Common causes of testicular pain are inflammation or infection of the cord or testis, twisting of the spermatic cord (causing acute pain), bruising of the testicle or having varicose veins in the scrotum (varicocele). It is best examined by an urologist and a sonar may be needed. Please ask your GP to refer you for an evaluation.

Reply to Dr Bets