Question
Posted by: Sunshine | 2012-03-08

Test results: Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy

Hallo Cyberdoc

I hope you are well. A week or so ago, I e-mailed you with regards to the two scopes I was going to have (gastro and colonoscopy). I was having severe itching problems and I wanted to know if they were related to my possible ulcerative colitis and pancreatic problems I was experiencing.

The outcome of the scopes are as follows:

1. No signs of ulcerative colitis (hence no explanation for my bouts of severe diarrea)
2. Erythematous gastritis in the whole stomach
3. Duodenitis
4. Antral gastritis
5. Intestinal Metaplasia

In the recovery room the Specialist advised me to stop all medication that I was drinking for my flare ups of diarrea and wait until he has all the results of the 7 biopsies he took during above procedures. He also said that I need to come and see him when we get the results.

Of course as I get discharged I " google"  what above findings mean, but I''m still confused if I should be worried. I have been on SO many anitbiotics the last 8 months (for my possible ulcerative colitis) - surely this should have taken care of the gastritis. On the pictures taken of the lining of my stomach there appears to be lesions and some blood - not sure if I''m reading this correctly though.

All in all just a bit confused and not sure if I need to be worried. My familiy has a history of stomach problems - including cancer.

Thanks for you assistance.

Sunshine.

Sunshine

Please do not be too concerned and wait for the results of the biopsies. It does not sound as if you have cancer but unfortunately, this can only be excluded once you have the histological results.