Question
Posted by: Menobabe | 2009/10/06

Test results

Dear Dr Cassiem

I am a 28 yr old female-trying to fall pregnant for the past 4 years.
I had 2 x AI and IVF treatment.

My most recent D3 test results are the following:
FSH: 55
LH: 10.7
Estrogen: 80

I am quite worried that my FSH is so hgh for my young age. Prior to my IVF treatment more than a month ago, I had regular 27/29 day cycles. However, my last cycle was only 24 days.

Am I in menopause or will my FSH stabilise.

Thank you, doctor

Dear Menobaba

When assessing these values that you have given to me then it appears that you have reached premature ovarian failure. This can however be temporary or permanent. If you are still having regular 28-day cycles then you have to repeat these blood tests in a few months to see if there is any improvement. You should also have a day-3 anti-mullerian hormone level and also a pelvic ultrasound to assess if there are presences of any antral follicles. All of the following will then determine whether there is still some ovarian function or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Menobaba

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert