Question
Posted by: no | 2010-09-21

Test

What test can I do to dertermine what kind of infection with a discharge I have. I am going crazy. It started when I was on the pill and went away and started to get out of control after being antibiotic for years. I''ve been on candida meds, it helps but it always comes back. I''ve been on a strong no sugar, wheat eating plan and it helps a lot but as soon as I go back to eating normal the infection is back. My gp says its candida but has never done test. Its smells really bad and I cant stand it. I want to do the test myself and then send to lab through my doctor as no way will I let a doc do it its terrible. He''s done HIV, Hepatitis and diabetic tests at my request and its fine. Maybe its not candida but something else?

Hallo No
You need a proper examination by a gynecologist, with a papsmear and vaginal swab. One also needs to exclude conditions like cervix cancer or STD's like Trichomonas infection, especially if it smells very bad (Candida usually doesn't smell bad, only itches and gives a white discharge)Doctors are trained to do these kind of examinations and we don't mind the discharge or the smell, it actually can give us a clue about what the problem could be. If you don't want to go to a male doctor, there are plenty of female gynecologists available.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-09-21

Hallo No