Question
Posted by: BRIAN | 2009/08/24

TEST

hI dOC

IM A 26 YR OLD MALE, AND I WAS WONDERING MY DAD, HAD TESTICULAR CANCER WE HE WAS IN HIS TWEENTIES AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A A BLOOD TEST TO TEST FOR THAT AND PROSTATE AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD ONE BE TESTED?

REGARDS

BRIAN

Hallo Brian
The most important preventative measure is to do self examination of the testis under the shower regularly - there isn't a specific screening blood test for testicular cancer. See http://www.cancernetwork.com/display/article/10165/1155297?verify=0
All males over 45 years of age should have a yearly rectal examination of the prostate plus a PSA blood test to screen for prostate cancer. If there is a family history of prostate cancer you can start earlier - at 40 years.