Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-04-14

Test

Hi Cs!

Please tell me something...
I missed my period right, so now i asked my bf to get a pregnancy test... he refuses...he says that' s my department!
Guys don' t go and buy those things, that' s the girls duty.
Then we had this whole argument about the flippen test because he would' nt get one!

I for one cannot do it! I cannot bear to walk into a pharmacy or shop to get or ask for this and the looks that i surely will get.
Also the thought of someone that i know actually seeing me get this and I always tell people I am a virgin...
Shuks, now he has a problem getting the thing.
I know it' s silly and if we having sex we should have no problem buying the test as it is our responsibility.

Also if anyone saw me getting this and it came out my parents would so kill me! Murphy' s Law always seems to be on my side so this is more likely to happen than not.
Damn we arguing back and forth as to who is going to get it when I might be pregnant and I am 2weeks late!

I know I am wrong and i hate hearing your verdict regarding how childish we are acting and why we are having sex in the first place but i feel like he should also share some responsibility.Then i also suggested we go together, which he also want.

Obviously a sexist and unfair declaration ( if a guy if prepared to enjoy possibly making a irl pregnant, he should not be too precious to get a pregnancy kit. More likely, though he just assumes he would feel terribly embarrassed going to a shop and asking for one. You yourself admit you are sure YOU would feel embarrassed doing so. So, either jointly nominate a pal to get one, or agree to do it together, and share the embarassment. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a store where its unlikely you'll run into close friends and family ?

2
Posted by: Just do it | 2009-04-14

Take a deep breath, walk in and buy it, get out and try it.
What you got to lose?
And PLEASE do me a favour: do not make it a habit to rely on men. women are getting more and more indepedant for a reason: men generally become more and more uselss.
Like Nike says " Just do it!" 

Reply to Just do it
Posted by: Really | 2009-04-14

Ok, why don' t you, get the test from a pharmacy that is not close to home, if you can... and anyway, why do you assume that everyone who will see you buying the test will give you thooooooooooose looks... some people and most women look, mostly out of envy, there are so many people that are struggling to get pregnant....

Buying the preggie test is everyone' s department... remember it was the two of you who were busy creating this situation...good or bad!

So why can' t the two of you go and get it together? I don' t know both your parents, but what I would like to know is, what are you planning to do about it, should it happen that you are pregnant? So what is wrong if Murphy' s law befalls you and you do bump into your parents.... are you planning on.... TOP?

Relax.... just walk into the pharmacy.. ask for one and walk out! Believe me, nobody and I mean nobody that is not happy for you will ask you anything. Their job... to give the test, yours, to pay for it and leave, Period!

Not everyone knows your situation... besides... you will be saving yourself a lot of anxious waiting... maybe you might not even be preggies. :-)

Reply to Really