Question
Posted by: Lala | 2009-01-09

Tertroxin

Hi Dok

Ek gebruik al die afgelope paar jaar Eltroxin en Tertroxin daagliks. Ek het gister vasgestel dat Tertroxin uit voorraad is landwyd voorlopig tot Junie. Wat is die verskil tussen die twee. Ek moet nou Eltroxin 1.0 mg 2 tablette per dag neem omdat ek nie Tertroxin kan kry nie.

Danie byvoorbaat.

Lala

Dankie dat jy health24.com besoek het.

Eltroxin is 'n sintetiese produk van die T4 hormoon wat deur die liggaam omgeskakel word in die T3 hormoon. Tertroxin is 'n sintetiese produk van die hormoon T3. Die Eltroxin is dus voldoende.

Groete

6

ive got a disease of the thyroid thats underactive, doc gave me t4 an t3 are the t3 and t4 going to help me to lose the weight that i gained?

Die laaste jaar het ek 10kg+ opgetel. Kan dit my sklidklier wees. Ek is reeds op Eltroxin. Dit is so 2jr laas getoets. Moet ek ' n GP sien of ' n endokrinoloog. Wat van Tertroxin?

Posted by: Christine | 2009-05-17

Would smeone please give me the name of an Endocrinologist or Doctor in this country who will prescribe Tetroxin in conjunctin with Eltroxin for Hypothyroidism. I am sick of my doctors telling me that it is a waste of time to prescribe this.

Reply to Christine
Posted by: Louis | 2009-02-09

Thanks Michelle I will do so

Reply to Louis
Posted by: Michelle | 2009-01-30

I also take Tertroxin, as I cannot convert T4 (eltroxin) to T3 (tertroxin). Some women seem to have this problem. I depend on Tertroxin. I contacted my endocrinologist who was also worried about me. She said that Tertroxin will not be available in June, the manufacturers have discontinued it entirely. I am doing some blood tests and she is going to try replace this with an alternative. Some women do not do well on Eltroxin only, so contact a experienced doctor who can help you with an alternative. Once i have seen my doctor, and can tell you what she has recommended. If you are not feeling yourself on Eltroxin only, please speak to your doctor. you should read the book written by a ex Miss South African available in Exclusive Books about women with under active thyroids who do not respond to eltroxin. Good luck.

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: Louis | 2009-01-28

My vrou het Tertroxin gebruik want haar dokter het gese dit is die enigste geskikte medikasie wat sy kan gebruik.

Is daar geen ander maatskappy wat dit maak waar sy dit dalk in die hande kan kry nie?

Groete

Reply to Louis