Posted by: Lola | 2009-03-10

Terrified of gaining weight

I' m passionate about food. I love cooking and eating great food. On the downsde though, I' m terrified of gaining weight. I weigh about 54kg and I' m 1.6m tall and I' d love to be thinner. No one can deny that I eat well, but I feel so much guilt about it at times. I guess I' m a good measure of will power away from an eating disorder. Should I be concerned, or is this just what all women go through?

Dear Lola
Your present BMI = 21,1 which is already below the absolute ideal of 22 for your height. So why do you want to lose more weight? why you feel guilty about eating? I think you may well be teetering on the brink of an eating disorder. I would recommend that you consult a clinical psychologist to help you sort out your highly contrary attitude to food and to help you to get rid of these guilt feelings and to prevent you from slipping into anorexia (which is not the way to go!).
Get some professional help ASAP