Question
Posted by: Achy | 2012-03-22

Terrible Stomach Aches

Hi Doc,

Lately I am getting terrible stomach aches, they are almost crippling. It’ s whenever I eat basically, and sometimes when I don’ t. I get them a lot in the late afternoon/ evenings and mornings. I tried to pin it down to a certain food, but it is with ANY food.

I consider myself to be a healthy 25 year old female, other than the pain.

Could it be an ulcer?

Achy

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and gastroscopy to exclude a gastric ulcer. Your symptoms can also be due to Irritable bowel syndrome but all possibilities will have to be investigated. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon, three times daily, before meals, in combination with Buscopan tablets.