Posted by: Lula | 2011-12-07

terrible itching when upset

hi doc

I itch so badly when my depression hits or something causes major stress in my life. I itch to the point of being unable to work. I itch from the scalp to the ankles, it is everywhere. Until my heart settles emotionally, the itch is insane.

Is there something I can take to ease this itching once I notice it has started? The latest bout was caused when the father of my child made an appointment to pick her, then cancelle on her 10 minis before when she was already waiting with bag packed. I have been itching 3 days since then. I happened to cry this morning and after that the itching quadrupled. Events like what happened with my chiild''s dad are unpredictable so is there something I can keep in the house, some tablets to take when the inevitable happens? Today has been terrible, I accidentally drew blood from my scratching.

You are experiencing Cholinergic or stress urticaria (hives). Atarax tablets are used as treatment. You can also apply Anthisan cream to alleviate the itching. I strongly recommend that you also consult a psychiatrist for stress management.

Posted by: KIM | 2011-12-07

Reply to KIM