Question
Posted by: Nash | 2010/08/17

Terrible headache

Dear Doc

I have this terrible headache which started yesterday afternoon. it''s so bad that i have to think twice if i have to turn my head especially to the left. Even when i''m walking, as i''m taking a step it becomes excruciatingly painful. Life has not been good lately, i''m not sure whether it''s caused by lot of thinking or what? I feel so tired......

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Nash,

Headaches are definitely not caused by thinking, but stress can certainly bring on a tension headache or a migraine. If the pain is when you turn your head then the chances there is a muscle that is painful.

Headache sufferers often have a poor Quality of Life due to the constant pain and associated symptoms. For a free assessment of how your headaches are affecting your Quality of Life, click on http://www.headacheclinic.co.za/

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2010/08/17

Dear Nash,

Reply to Headache expert