Posted by: Spokie | 2008-11-20

Terrible Hairloss after pregnancy

Hi there,

I would just like to know if it is normal to have such heavy hairloss after pregnancy? When I had my first baby I had hairloss during pregnancy, but now with my second child the hairloss is after the pregnancy and it is not stopping. I have already lost about what feels like half of my hair!

Is there anything I can do about it to stop it?

It is fairly common. You could try using Vi=gro shampoo.

Posted by: Leez | 2008-11-20

Spokie, had exactly the same problem when my second baby was around 4 months. It' s hormones. It feels as if you' re losing half your hair yes, coz it' s daily and never stops. One' s too scared to even wash your hair, I know!! It will stop eventually....

Reply to Leez
Posted by: Murtle | 2008-11-20

It could just be your hormones. But I would go and have your thyroid checked. When I was pregnant with my second child I lost all my hair. They discovered I had an overactive thyroid gland. I went on medication after my baby was born and my hair all grew back. Go to your doctor and have it checked out

Reply to Murtle