Posted by: kk | 2009-04-29

Terrible Freckles on my face

Hi! I am an African lady very light in color and i have freckes all over my body which started to develop when i was 9 years old till now at 23 years, the once on my body i dont have a problem with, the problem is on my face which are very bad. What can i use for my face to get rid of these freckles and after their gone a product that i can use to protect my face for ever from freckles. Is Neostrata' s brighterning cream one of the product i can use for fleckes on my face?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi KK, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

My advice would be to consider a topical SPF 30 or higher that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. Following from this one can definitely add the NeoStrata Brightening Cream and the Pigment Lightening Gel. If you are not happy with the improvement over a 3 month period you may consider using laser or IPL (that is safely indicated to treat dark skin types) to clear the freckles.