Question
Posted by: Lucy | 2009-06-05

Terrible Flatulence - Zyban

I' ve never had any problems before, but for the past 3 weeks I' ve been suffering from extreme flatulence, bloating and hard stools. It' s terrible and I' m afraid to leave the house because of it. The flatulence is worst in the afternoon and evening. I eat a healthy diet, which I haven' t changed in any way, but have been on Zyban for 5 weeks. Could the Zyban be causing this, even though I had been taking it for 3 weeks before these problems started? If not the Zyban, what else could be the cause and what can I do to stop it? I' ve tried Pancreoflat which has made no difference. Please help.

Lucy

I suggest that you stop taking the Zyban and if there is no improvement, you should make an appointment with a gastroenterologist for an examination and tests. The Zyban does however, cause gastroentestinal disturbances.