Posted by: rose | 2010-01-22

terms of retrenchment

i was retrenched end December 2009. I was told verbally at the end of Septenber,next day being end of the month all staff got a yearly increase except me and in December they all got a full bonus and I got 2 weeks only. I was not paid out for my leave either. When I said it was unfair I was told that is all you entitled to.
Please can you tell me what I should do?
Thank you so much
Much appreciated,

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It sounds like the retrenchment exercise was not done properly in terms of Section 189. You may challenge that, it is suggested that you go and see a Labour Lawyer or a Labour Consultant for advice.

Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-25

It sounds very suspicious to me that the company retrencehed you while they were paying bonusess.

You were supposed to be paid out your leave due to you.

Go and see the CCMA office nearest to you for assistance

Reply to Whena