Question
Posted by: Moo | 2012-05-22

Terminal joint arthritis

I''m 51, went through menopause at 42 with no ill effects and have never taken HRT meds. Over the last 2 years my end finger joints have become very swollen and painful. I''ve been to my GP and Physician who both prescribed anti-inflammatory meds, even though I have a very sensitive stomach - the last lot even made me vomit blood so I immediately stopped taking them. Winter is especally painful. Can you recommend any course of treatment or suggest which type of doctor I should see about this, I''m afraid of losing the use of my hands! Otherwise, I''m very healthy. Thank you!

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Moo
It could also be something called Reynauds syndrome which affects the blood flow to the extremities and is especially bad in winter. I think a rheumatologist is probably the best specialist to see.

2
Posted by: Moo | 2012-05-23

Thank you so much - I''ll locate one and make an appointment.

Reply to Moo
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2012-05-23

Dear Moo

Reply to Healthy Bones