Posted by: Natasjha | 2011-09-12

terible 2 stage

My toddler reaches the terrible 2 stage and time out, ignoring an hidings is not working. she is cry over everything if it is not going her way. through her self on the floor kicking screaming and crying.

I really need help. to what ells to try. she is very manipulated from age 1 and always wants things her way if not - she starts to cry non-stop and if you try to pick her up kicking and screaming and hitting me. she don''t want her dad to do anything for her - mommy must.

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

A two year old is not only exploring her boundaries but she lacks the means by which to express herself which is very frustrating for her. Just know that tantrums are a normal developmental stage.
They often occur as a reaction to strong emotions.
As hard as it is holding your ground and setting up boundaries for her are vital at this stage. A two year old is able to understand the concept of consequences and this does not mean smacking. The first step to avoiding tantrums is establishing good communication with your child - tell her that what she is dong is making you unhappy so you will have to do something that will make her unhappy. This could be forgoing a treat or having to sit in her room until she has calmed down. Tell her you understand that she is cross but being naughty wont help. You may be surprised at how much of that kind of logic she will actually understand. If she feels that you are listening to her she will calm down a lot quicker. Make sure that she is getting adequate physical activity in the day but is also not over-stimulated.