Question
Posted by: Otto | 2009-11-17

Tense while sleeping

During sleep my I gnash my teeth and my muscels are tensed, especially my wrists, stomach and feet. When I wake up my muscles hurt and I sometimes have headache. I can honestly say I do not have a lot of stress, not that I know of consciously, and I dont have trouble falling asleep. What can be the cause of this. Mal-nutrition? Sub-conscious stress? What can I do to treat this? Are there natural supliments to help me?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

There are various sleep disorders which can cause this, and, of course so can stress. Although you say you are not particularly stressed. I do not think that supplements are likely to be of benefit, although you could try magnesium.

Various medications are often of benefit, most notably small doses of quinine, which your doctor could prescribe.

You should also consider getting a bite plate to prevent you damaging your teeth.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2009-11-18

Reply to Sleep expert