Question
Posted by: Jojo | 2012/01/31

Tennis Elbow

Hi Doc, can you advise where my husband can go to get some help with debilitating tennis elbow pain. He''s tried anti inflammatory pills, but not really helping. I belive he needs to do some kind of exercise, but don''t know where to start getting advise!

Jojo

Your husband needs specialised treatment and I therefore, suggest that he consults an orthopedic surgeon. Inflammation of the tendon where it plants into the bone, is extremely difficult to treat. The key is rest but other treatment options should be investigated by the specialist. In the interim, he can apply Transact patches to the affected area.