Question
Posted by: debbie | 2010/04/09

tennis elbow

Hi, I seem to have a case of tennis elbow, I cant do bicep curls or lateral raises and it has been like this for 3 weeks now. I am using joint ease gel, but the pain is still there. Should I go and see someone or with rest, will it eventually come right. Thanks.

Hi Debbie

Rest is important, yes, but so are wrist exercises. It may sound odd, but the problem is with the tendon at the elbow, and the way you exercise that tendon is to exercise the wrist. So instead of doing bicep curls, you should do wrist curls. Exactly the same concept, but with the wrist.

I would rest it, however, from activities that cause elbow pain.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/04/30

Hi Debbie

Reply to fitnessdoc