Question
Posted by: ziggy | 2010/02/25

tendon transfer foot drop

I have a severly inwardly turned foot due to strong opposition by my ligaments and tendons to the non existant peroneal nerve ones (sorry do not know names of the tendons etc.) I have been told a tendon transfer can improve foot drop and straighten out my foot. I have had a special foot brace made but it is not controlling the strong force of my inwardly rotating foot so how can a tendon attachment achieve this? I have had footdrop for about 3 years and have curled toes 2-5 as well. I have no ability to move big toe or lift my foot at all. I am relatively young and active but have to use a crutch.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

i agree with that and if there are no changes to the bones yet it should have a good outcome. Your surgeon could possibly correct the deformity of the toes as well at the same time

Dr Joe de Beer

2
Posted by: Exhingonicego | 2010/09/15

Reply to Exhingonicego
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/28

Dr Joe de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum