Question
Posted by: idt | 2011/01/28

Tendon synovectomy

Good day,

I Have been to the doctor &  he want to do a tendon synovectomy on my right wrist.

I Just want to find out a bit more about what exactly to expect, what he will do &  how this differs from carpal tunnel syndrome.

Also, I have an 8 month old son &  need to know how soon I will be able to use my hand again.

Thank you very much

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

without knowing the full details I would imagine that it is a condition called "De Quervains tendinitis" and the synovectomy would be to take the swollen tissue away around the tendon as well as the ligament compressing it. You will understand that not knowing the exact detail of your condition limits my opinion - about resuming full activity yo should ask the surgeon

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/01/30

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum