Question
Posted by: worried | 2008/10/21

tendon flexor sheath - cyst removal

My gp has referred me to an orthopaedic surgeon to have it removed. The site normally isn' t painful but I keep " bruising"  it causing some pain. It is at the base of my index finger and it is hard keeping it out of harm' s way. I hurt my hand at that site some months ago and thought it would go away by itself, but it looks like its getting bigger. Is surgery really necessary or can it eventually heal by itself.

Hallo Worried
You need to have this fixed by surgery - it won't go away and will only get worse with time. Sorry :-(