Question
Posted by: SM | 2009-10-06

Tender breasts homonal?

Dear Docter
My breasts have been extremely tender for the last couple of days and feel heavy (as if swollen or full of liquid). They are definately " harder"  than normal as well. This has been occurring on a regular basis over the last year always exactly halfway between my periods. My sister have recently started complaining about it as well (I am 29, she is 21). She also found that her period following it is heavier. Is this just hormonal and what can we do for the tenderness? I have an active job and even my underwear hurts me at times.
Also, I have been on Triphasil for just under 10 years now (originally due to painfull irregular periods which my sister also suffers with). Is it safe to continue usage over such a long period of time.
Thank you!

It is probably hormonal. You can try Evening Primrose oil.
It is safe to continue with the Pill.