Posted by: pisces | 2008-11-10

Tender Breasts

I am 34 years old and have two children aged 7 and 3 and a half. I had my tubes tied after my last child during my ceaser. I have never before suffered from painful tender breasts other than when i was pregnant and when i was breastfeeding. For the last week both my breasts have been so tender, just under the nipple and if my husband just hugs me it is extremely painful. If i push gently with both my hands onto them from the nipple inwards it is so sore. I definatley cannot be pregnant with having had my tubes tied, what could the reason be and should i see my gynae for a check up? I also had balloon ablation therapy about 2 and a half years ago so now dont get a period so its not the onset of my period! Just a bit concerned.

If you were on hormonal contraception before the sterilisation, then this may have 'flattened' your cycle. Now that you have stopped, your natural cycle would involve hormonal fluctuations, which can cause breast tenderness. Check regularly for lumps. Otherwise there shouldn't really be a need to see your doctor at this stage.