Question
Posted by: nerina | 2008/10/16

Tender breasts

Good day
At times my breasts are VERY tender. I cannot touch the nipples specifically - even wearing a bra is a nightmare and the breasts itself is quite swollen.
This happens only once in about 3 months and lasts for up to 2 weeks at a time. I had a hysterectomy a year ago but still have my ovaries. The GP could not find anything wrong

Expert ImageBreast health expert

Hi Nerina,

Are you on hormone replacement? How old are you? Have you experienced menopausal symptoms? Is there any breast cancer family history? These are the minimum details that I would need to give any tiny bit of advice....

Prof. J. Apffelstaedt