Question
Posted by: JoJo | 2008/07/29

Tender breasts

Hiya Doc
For the past few days my breasts have been really tender, mosrtly around the nipples. It almost feels as though i have been running withut a bra on!!
(which i haven' t).
They are feeling very sensitive and tender as well and i seem to get nipple stands more often than usual.
I am not pregnant (did test yesteday) and I' m not on any contraception at the moment as i had a nasty experience with the injection and am trying to get it out of my system before i go on another contraceptive.
What do you think this could be? I am also not getting very regular periods (haven' t been since i started on injection 8 months ago) so i can' t say if it' s ' that time of the month'  or not thats to blame.

Hi Jojo
This could be due to hormonal changes – try vitamin B6, 100 mg per day and rub your breasts with Voltaren jel, wear a supportive bra. If it does not get better in a week you may need to see your doctor to examine for any nodules or any signs of infection in the breast glands.

1
Posted by: KW | 2008/07/29

Hi, I had a similar problem after going off the Prenizone injections. For a week every month (I suppose when my period should have been) I had terribly tender breasts and even lumps. I visited my GP who explained it was the changes in my hormones. I eventually got my period after about 6 months and it went away.

Reply to KW